Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hearts Around the Home...



Today is Home and Garden Thursday on Kathy's beautiful blog A Delightsome Life.   Today's theme is home decor.

(Click the pink name above and it will take you to her blog, just like a magic carpet ride!)


Just around the corner is you-know-what---the day of love or Valentine's Day!

Decorating for any holiday is fun, including this one!

Somehow, through the years, I've collected numerous hearts. Gee, do you think it could be attributed to my compulsive nature?  ha!

The exquisite cranberry glass heart, shown at the top of this post, is on top of the tv cabinet. Isn't this sweet and simple heart charming?

Collecting very lovely cranberry glass has proven that it's okay to see the world through rose colored glasses.

One of my sisters made this little sweetheart of a, well, heart. Isn't she talented?





This heart three-some perches on top of my fabulous Susan Branch calendar. I LOVE anything done by this artist.  Her spirit is just as cheerful as her art. She always makes me smile!




It's important to welcome guests so these hearts can be found on the front porch!




This one hangs on the kitchen door:



Isn't the one below the cutest?  It's in a downstairs room:


This one hangs from a bedroom door and yes, you can see it in this blog's header, as well!



The heart below hangs in an upstairs bathroom so we can see something beautiful even while brushing teeth!


And last, but not least, this little heart turned out to be a perfect container for a votive candle on the front hallway table!

The two little felt hearts to the right are filled with rice. My daughter made them.

 If your hands are cold, all you have to do is pop them into the micro and they will warm your hands. Isn't that clever?




 Remember, if  you don't wear your heart on your sleeve, hang one (or more) around your house!

When it comes to decorating for Valentine's Day, you've got to have heart!

WHICH ROOM IS THE 'HEART' OF YOUR HOME?

19 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

All your hearts are very sweet but my favorite is the cranberry glass! Gorgeous! Hugs, Linda

Bookie said...

I agree with Linda...the cranberry glass heart is my pick. Sweet!

diane stetson said...

Home is where the heart is!

Kit said...

I love all your hearts but I think my favorites are the two made by your daughters. So cute! The heart of my home is my living room for sure. All the items displayed are treasures from the years of our lives. Kit

Unknown said...

I love all the wreaths! I'm going to go on that magic carpet and check out the bolgs you posted.

Hugs

Heirloom treasures said...

oh how nice and pretty they all are. I have just made a heart shaped cake for my granddaughters birthday, I think hearts this month are on all of our minds. Yours are beautiful.
x jeanetteann

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I love hearts and am always drawn to anything with hearts. I am crocheting little ones up right now. Not sure what I'll use them for but enjoying the process. I love the felt hearts your daughter made. So sweet! Have a wonderful day. Tammy

Carolyn said...

You have a lovely collection of hearts,even one for your door outside and here I still have my Christmas wreath up!We got about a foot of snow here last night so it looks like winter now.
Carolyn

Rebecca said...

What beautiful hearts you have, Susan! I (like many other commenters) like the cranberry glass best. The handwarmers are simply precious, too.

Linda O'Connell said...

I love the glass heart; it made me gasp, it is so beautiful. Someone could serve me breakfast in bed on that.

mo said...

Hi Susan,

You know I love the cranberry heart!

Also the candy heart wreath.

Great post!

*hugs*

mo

Richard Cottrell said...

Hearts are good for the sole. Happy Candlemas Day. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, some lovely heart decorations you have, it looks really nice. I love the glass heart ^_^

Chatty Crone said...

Well I looked and really loved them all - but I too am going with the cranberry heart. And like Diane said - home is where the heart is.
sandie

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Wow, Susan. You do have a lot of hearts around the place. I think the first one is my favorite. SO pretty.

The Old Parsonage said...

Hi Susan

Love your sweet collection of hearts - you daughters are treasures for sure.

The heart of our home is the kitchen - it's where everyone gathers.

Enjoy your weekend!
Leann

Angel @ Finding The Inspiring said...

I love your hearts! I feel the need to start decorating now...

BTW, this would be a perfect post to submit to my blog hop, Follow Me Fridays where we highlight inspiring things we've found in the blogosphere. You can link up here:

http://findingtheinspiring.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-me-to-teatime.html

Kathy said...

You do have a lovely collection of hearts! I need to get the ones I have out and to make a few more! These are so inspiring! Thank you for promoting and for participating in Home and Garden Thursday, I appreciate you,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I'm
impressed! Extremely useful information specially the last
part :) I care for such information much. I was looking for
this certain information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.


Feel free to surf to my website: external hemorrhoids

Related Posts with Thumbnails