Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Restaurant-Style Pancakes at Home






            Strawberry pancakes restaurant-style. 


These look pretty yummy, don't you think?

It's so easy to make fancy restaurant style pancakes right at home.

My son-in-law loves strawberry pancakes so I decided to make him some for a treat.

In the day, a packaged pancake mix never came into this house. Now it does because it's easier and delicious.

 I usually get a buttermilk pancake mix where all you have to add is water. Easy peasy.

I got frozen strawberries in a plastic container and let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight.

Also bought "real" whipped cream in a can.

Once the pancakes finished cooking on the pancake grill, onto plates they went. 

Then, I piled strawberries into the middle of each stack . Then, squirt, squirt, squirt around the edges with the cream.

Make these for your kids, grandkids, or company and they'll think you are the gourmet chef of the year.

You'll be able to let them think that and smile like crazy.

Pretty cool, don't you think?

  P.S.My son-in-law loved his!

DO YOU LIKE STRAWBERRY PANCAKES? WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PANCAKE MIX TO BUY?

9 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Yum! They look fabulous!!! And, that "real" whipped cream in a can is my favorite. Bought one today. One of your blogging friends just might be guilty of squirting a mound onto a spoon and eating it all by itself ;)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I don't make pancakes often at all. I love them and yes with whipped cream and strawberries...it's like dessert for breakfast! Hugs, Linda

Karen Lange said...

I do like strawberry pancakes and these look yummy! :) My daughter has been experimenting with different fruit pancakes lately. I am happy to help her with her research. :)

Thanks for sharing, Susan!
Blessings,
Karen

The Old Parsonage said...

I'm not a pancake eater - never was. But I buy bisquick to make them for the fam.

Enjoy your week!
Leann

diane.stetson said...

I buy Aunt Jemima and I add one egg, milk, and a tablespoon of oil. They always come out delicious. I have pancakes each and every Saturday morning. Blueberry are my favorite.

Linda O'Connell said...

yummy! they look delicious. I use Krustease. They taste like restaurant pancakes. Oh, now I want one!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those pancakes looks extreamly yummy!
I love pancakes with a touch of strawberry jam on top. Sometimes I put some vanilla sugar in the mix which gives a nice flavour.
Have a great day!

Eva

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

My favorite is Stonewall Kitchen Buttermilk Pancakes but I also really like Maple Grove Farms. Your photo is making my mouth water. Delicious!!!

Chatty Crone said...

Guess what - can you believe I LOVE pancakes - they look great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails