Friday, April 27, 2012

New Digs for Dolly



A friend told me about a very unique "consignment" sale in Chatham, New York.


It's called O! Baby Children's Consignment Sale and you can read all about it here:


Two women organize it twice a year. Hundreds of consignors bring in clean, quality merchandise --- some really beautiful stuff--- and sell it in a big building on the Columbia County Fairgrounds.

 Wow, the spring sale was great. It had fabulous little girl outfits. You know the kind----lots of lace, flowers, fru fru, and matching panties or hats, darling sun dresses, dress-up-for-church dresses, and on and on.


If anyone knew about the impending arrival of a baby girl, this would have been a great place to get a lifetime of lovely outfits.


There were hundreds of little boys clothes to choose from, too.




And puzzles, story books, games, rattles, dvds, and on and on into kid "material goods paradise."


Of course, I couldn't leave the sale without buying one, just one, outfit for one of my baby dollies. 

 It's pink and has a white pinafore over it. So adorable it was impossible to pass up.




Oh, it's a heart-stopper all right.




 Since the dress, like all of them at the sale, was clean and ironed, I couldn't wait to put it right on the dolly as soon as I got home.




 It has oodles of lace and pink ribbons hanging from tiny pink rosebuds. So charming!




So here this newly attired sweetheart sits on a kids' rocking chair in the front hallway, ready to welcome anyone who comes in.

 

DO YOU HAVE CHILDRENS' CONSIGNMENT SALES WHERE YOU LIVE?

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

We have a lot of them - I mean a lot, but I am not sure it would have doll clothes.

Your pick of outfits shows to me you have fine tastes. She is beautiful.

Maybe someday you'll be a grandma and can dress a real one. lol

Love, sandie

Linda O'Connell said...

We have sweveral but a big spring attraction os Baby Mania, held on the grounds of a local school. Pretty little pink dress, Susan.

diane.stetson said...

I do not shop for little girls things anymore. My girl is all grown up. Maybe she'll have a girl for me someday to shop for..one can only hope!

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Beautiful outfit!

Mom and I recently visited a large doll shop in Amish country. They also had a wonderful selection, and it was super tempting to add to collection I've declared, "complete."

Blessings,
Susan :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails