Saturday, April 19, 2014

Hopping to It!


More than bunnies are hopping this day before  Easter Sunday.



Lots of things are getting checked off the "to do"  list but many more still need checking.

Doing things calmly and leisurely sure makes a big difference. 


Here's a little run down of the weekend so far:

Chocolate eggs in the china basket      Check!


Jelly beans in pink dish.                       Check!


Easter "egg" welcome mat out on            Check!
front porch.

Bread toasted for the turkey stuffing.       Check!

Onions and celery chopped 
for stuffing .                                              Check!

Turnip peeled (thanks to hubs)                 Check!

Easter baskets wrapped in cellophane.     Check!




Polish babka (bread) purchased.              Check!

Still to go:

Make cheese braids.

Set dining room table.

Vacuum.


Make stuffing.

Clean.

Notice that last item.  

Yup. It's definitely last for a reason. 

It's nice to have things neat and clean but I don't particularly like getting them that way.

Anyway,  hope each of you has a really good day today as we prepare for Easter!

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART OF EASTER?

13 comments:

Merlesworld said...

Well I would have to say chocolate.
Merle.............

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Cleaning. Bleh! I only 10% of what I had planned to do over Spring Break. Who wants to do Spring cleaning during Spring Break. Not I! :) Happy Easter, Tammy

Gosia said...

my favourite activity is sleeping longer than usual and meetings with friends.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

hooray for getting things marked done, on your list!

don't try to do too much though, and get yourself all tired out. :-)

back in the day, when i could have chocolate, guess "fanny farmer" eggs would have been the best part. can't have them anymore. oh well, they went out of business anyway, i guess. :-)))))

Dee said...

I love the Easter church service and thanking the Lord for redemption of our sin through His son Jesus.I love to see all the little kids dressed up and feeling pretty in their Easter outfits. Easter Blessings to you and your lovely family....Dee

Ruth Ann said...

Singing "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" in church accompanied by trumpets! And chocolate eggs, which like Tessa, I can no longer have - sigh.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Chocolate bunnies or hunting Easter eggs with my Grand...hmmmmmmm, hard choice! Happy Easter dear Susan!

Linda

Nellie said...

Cleaning would be last on my list, too!

I always enjoy the extra church services during Holy Week. Singing the "Hallelujah Chorus" during Easter Sunday worship is my favorite!

Cranberry Morning said...

I love the whole Easter weekend, from Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and then Resurrection Sunday. Love singing all the resurrection and praise songs in church - and listening to St. Matthew Passion by J.S. Bach.

Have a wonderful Easter!!

Kit said...

My favorite part is the Easter Baskets. We do one up for each girl and it is so much fun to fill them. Now that they are getting toward their 30's, I fill it with grown up items like wine, food, magazines, etc. And they get so excited to get them each year. :) Happy Easter! Kit

marianne said...

Great feeling to check things off your "to do" list isn't it? Nice to see the sun shining today which helps to energize me to get my "to do" list done.

My favorite part is having the family all together to enjoy an Easter dinner and to have all the "children" sleeping under the same roof again for one night. I feel truly blessed.

Enjoy your preparations.

Chatty Crone said...

I think you were so smart doing things piece by piece and each thing was wonderful. My favorite part about Easter - especially this year - is to know that He died to take my sins.
I hope your Easter tomorrow will be a blessed one.
sandie

diane.stetson said...

Being with my three wonderful grandsons and watching their joy on Easter day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails