Thursday, December 18, 2014

First Guest Breakfast of Christmas, 2014


While serving lunch or dinner for guests is always fun, hosting breakfast is my fave.



The first guest breakfast during this year's Christmas season was festive and fun.

One of my dearest long-time friends gifted me with these Johnson Brothers "Old Britain Castle" Christmas tree plates which I absolutely love.

So I've been using them for weeks along with bright red glasses!



Fruit is always great to have on hand to serve.





Red glasses were perfect for ice water topped with fresh cranberries and lemons. (Thank you, Pinterest!)

 It was poured from a transparent glass pitcher.  


Also served were eggs, bacon and soft flour-sprinkled "snowflake" rolls but I was too busy preparing (and eating) everything to snap photos. Sorry. 

Why not pull together a Christmas breakfast for friends and/or family members?

Of course, a sweet manger scene in the middle of the table is a necessity!


Your guests will love it and so will you!

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO SERVE FOR BREAKFAST?

11 comments:

Nellie said...

When family is here, our most recent favorite is slow-cooker steel cut oats! Granddaughter love poached eggs, and has been known to eat as many as three of them at one sitting! Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I too love poached eggs, my very fave kind. Your table looks gorgeous and I love your red transferware with trees.
Lovely setting for the first meal of the day.
Merry C'mas.
FABBY

diane.stetson said...

Everything looks very festive. Breakfast is not my favorite meal but I do like blueberry pancakes.

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

Beautiful dishes on a beautiful table cloth; and breakfast looks delicious. Pancakes are one of my favorites.

Bookie said...

This table is perfect! I love the dishes too...so much! Favorite breakfast is sausage casserole or eggs/bacon. Looks like I'm not hosting much this year, but I am enjoying visiting the tables of others!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Beautiful and picture perfect, loving these gorgeous plates too!
Hugs,
Jemma

Chatty Crone said...

Your breakfast sounds good - I think I like to make bacon and eggs.

SImple and Serene Living said...

I love sitting down to breakfast with family and friends during the holidays. I am in love with your plates. xo Laura

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I really like your tableware red. Great dishes. Very nice and stylish. I like to use a patterned dinnerware Santa Claus. My daughters like very much. Keep in touch

Dee said...

That Christmas tree plate is one of the prettiest I have seen ....I also like the simplicity of your center piece...how appropriate and meaningful. Have a very Merry CHRISTmas and a blessed New year:)

Barbara Neubeck said...

... I love your table setting too, Susan ..... I love to have bacon and eggs for a special breakfast... or ..pancakes...
... hugs and Blessings...Barb xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails